1) VPGA grower members, their farm family members and their farm employees can enter horticulture crops in the fair’s annual contests at NO CHARGE. See information mailed to you from the association or contact me for details.
2) I can transport these crop entries to the fair on Thursday the 25th, but I will need to talk with you about the best date & time to get them, so see me at the VPGA Summer Tour/Field Day this coming Sunday (7 Sep), or contact me directly before Monday the 22nd.
3) I’d like to display as much grower info as possible at our state fair booth. Therefore send me photos, planning and planting timelines, farm events & contact info, etc. I’ll include it as best as possible. Please get this info to me as soon as possible (by 12 Sep if possible, but definitely by the 19th).
4) We are offering the People’s Choice Pumpkin Award again this year (a public/popular vote; only open to growers age 18 or younger). Let’s have 10 or more entries this year! See the mailing or contact me for more information and how we can get those entries to the fair. Also, look up the photos from last year’s competition under the Photo Gallery link on the VPGA website.
5) If you want to donate pumpkins, gourds or other fall products for our booth’s display, please contact me as soon as you can but definitely by Friday the 19th.
6) If anyone wants to help staff the VPGA booth anytime between Friday, 26 Sep and Sunday, 5 Oct, please get with me to work out timing and parking passes.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you very much,